Upgrading Citrix Director to 188.8.131.5242
- Download the XenDesktop 7.7 ISO from Citrix.com. Open the ISO and navigate to x64\DesktopDirector folder and launch DesktopDirector.exe.
- Select the check box “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” and Click Install.
- Click Yes, if you get a UAC prompt while attempting to upgrade Citrix Director.
- Close any open processes and click OK to continue.
- Wait for Citrix Director Installation to finish.
- Click Finish when completed successfully.
- Open up a web browser and login into Citrix Director.
*You will not see all the new features such as (Proactive monitoring and alerting, SCOM integration) until you upgrade your XenDesktop Site to 7.7. The new version of Citrix Director works with previous versions of XenDesktop/XenApp.
Configuring Average Logon Duration Site and Delivery Group Alerts
Hi Kyle, great website.
Have you tried to do a clean install of Desktop Director 7.7 from the ISO instead of an upgrade.
Every time I try on one of my test vm’s, I keep getting an msi error. Trying to figure out if its my system or the install.